Spring 2014 Shepherd Parkway Community Clean-Up Series
- When: Saturday, May 17, 2014, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Where: Shepherd Parkway Community
- Cost: Not available
- Age limit2: Not available
- Categories: Community
Since 2011, we've removed tens of thousands of pounds of trash and invasive species. The 205 acres of Shepherd Parkway are the cleanest they've been in decades, but there is much work still to be done.
Join us from 10 AM to 1 PM on:
Saturday, April 26
Saturday, May 17
10 Reasons to get involved now:
1. Experience the great outdoors in the heart of the Nation's Capital
2. Get exercise, burn calories, feel great
3. Meet neighbors and new friends
4. High school students earn community service hours
5. Help protect the Anacostia and Potomac Rivers from run-off pollution
6. Commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War by restoring the woods around the remains of Fort Carroll and Fort Grebel
7. Feel patriotic in the presence of two Bald Eagle nests
8. Rescue majestic native trees from invasive English Ivy
9. Help undo decades of environmental abuse and neglect
10. Make the park safe and attractive for residents of Congress Heights and Ward 8
Meet at picnic tables near the corner of Martin Luther King and Malcolm X Avenues SE
Gloves, bags, and light refreshments will be provided. Wear boots and clothes you can get dirty.
For more information, please contact Nathan Harrington at email@example.com or 301-758-5892.
For more info, visit shepherdparkway.blogspot.com