11th Annual Women€s Health Awareness Day Promotes Healthy Living for Women
6/10/2009, 10:23 p.m.
This event is FREE and open to the public and will include several workshops, health screenings, information, prizes and giveaways. Some of the activities include:
- The Partnership for Prescription Assistance (PPA) Bus Express will be onsite with the €Help Is Here Tour€ (www.pparx.org). Attendees will be able to enroll onsite into free or greatly reduced prescription medication programs at no charge. The bus houses computer terminals, phones and €live€ persons to help those who may need prescription medication assistance.
- A workshop featuring the nationally renowned health expert and motivational speaker Robert Ferguson, the founder of the Diet Free Life Center and creator of the €The Food Lovers Fat Loss System€
- A workshop and book signing with Marilyn H. Gaston, MD, the Former Assistant Surgeon General of the United States and Director and clinical psychologist Gayle Porter, PhD. They are the co-authors of the award winning book €Prime Time: The African American Woman€s Complete Guide to Midlife Health and Wellness;€
- Cooking demonstration by culinary expert, Chef Ed Whitfield;
- FREE consultations with physicians, podiatrists, dentists, pharmacists, personal trainers and physical therapists and a host of other professionals;
- Additional workshops with experts with question and answer time, exercise demonstrations, vendors and information booths;
- Resources for free or reduced healthcare and medications;
- FREE health screenings and information on high blood pressure, cholesterol, depression, diabetes and other medical conditions.
For more information, call 301-248-8833 or send an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.