Patricia Dowtin, a realtor with Long and Foster Real Estate in Mitchellville, Maryland, has been installed as 2017 president of the Prince George’s County Association of Realtors (PGCAR).
Dowtin was sworn in Saturday by State’s Attorney Angela Alsobrooks and Del. Carolyn Howard to head the 3,000-member organization. Other officers were installed last month by Boyd Campbell, the 2016 secretary of the Maryland Association of Realtors.
“[PGCAR] care deeply about the county and the neighborhoods in which they serve,” Dowtin said. “That is why PGCAR is committed to strengthening its involvement in community service endeavors.”
Dowtin, who has served the organization in several other capacities during more than 30 years of continuous membership, said she plans to enhance PGCAR’s comprehensive community service profile, which includes a holiday food drive, scholarships for high school seniors, fair housing education and much more.
Other installed officers include:
- President-elect – Cheryl Abrams, RE/MAX United Real Estate
- Secretary – Veera Phillips, Keller Williams Preferred Properties
- Treasurer – Paul “Carlos” Lancaster, Exit Right Realty
- Past President Director – Lorence “Chuck” Ottley, Sellstate Dominion Realty
New directors include:
- Donald Frederick, RE/MAX United Real Estate
- Art Greene, Long and Foster Real Estate
- Sherman Hardy – Exit Landmark Realty
- Larry Hudson – RE/MAX Leading Edge Inc.
- Fredericka Lloyd – Lloyd & Associates
- Shameeka Price – Capital Structures Real Estate
- Willie Rhone – Weichert Realtors