A new Pepco program that provides tools and information to save its Maryland customers more money and energy during the year, is also helping to transform those customers’ dwellings to “smart homes.”
Pepco’s “Smart Home Pilot” program provides participating customers with a free “Smart Home Kit” packed with devices that can help customers take steps to reduce their energy usage and identify where energy may be wasted in the home.
“We are pleased to provide our valued customers with additional energy saving resources, which provides them with the ability to reduce energy consumption in their homes, while also reducing energy costs,” said Donna Cooper, Pepco region president. “Empowering our customers with information and additional resources to help control their energy usage is central to our commitment toward being a trusted energy advisor to our customers.”
Customers who enroll in the program will receive a Smart Home Kit, valued at $700. The kit includes:
• Gateway Hub – Connects to your home internet using a provided Ethernet cable. Acting as a centralized hub for all your Pepco Smart Home devices, it enables you to control and monitor your smart home from any location using your mobile device.
• Temperature and Humidity Sensor – Makes your smart thermostat even smarter and helps ensure that you’re comfortable in any room throughout the day.
• Large Load Controller – Helps you manage energy consumption from your electric water heater or pool pump—two appliances that use a lot of energy; and a
• Smart Thermostat – Learns your preferences and make automatic adjustments to your home’s temperature to improve comfort and performance, especially during energy conservation events, as well as other perks.
To be eligible for the program, Pepco residential customers in Maryland must:
• Reside in a single-family home or individually metered townhouse or condominium for at least 12 months;
• Have an electric heat pump or central air conditioning;
• Have an Ethernet internet connection available in the home (typically an available port on your router);
• Have a password-secured home Wi-Fi connection; and
• Have an iOS or Android mobile device.
For more information and to sign up your household, customers can call 855-530-5802 or visit pepco.com/smarthome.