WETATi, in partnership with Nyumburu Cultural Center at University of Maryland, College Park, will host its annual Entrepreneurship Convention, Competition, and Scholarship Awards Gala this weekend at the Ritchie Coliseum and the Adele Stamp Student Union, University of Maryland, College Park.
The nonprofit community-based educational and economic empowerment network organization said the theme for this year’s event is “Preparing the Next Generation Work Force: Leveraging Technology Entrepreneurship.”
“This is another exciting landmark and impact convention by WETATi,” said Anne Reese Carswell, associate director of the university’s Nyumburu Cultural Center. “I look forward to receiving students from area schools as well as the general public for this life-changing event. WETATi and the Nyumburu Cultural Center, UMCP are poised to help the next generation to change their economic narratives through entrepreneurship education and competition the way only WETATi can.”
The following activities will take place on the campus grounds from April 5-6:
• Entrepreneurship education/Financial Literacy from stellar speakers/presenters.
• Next Generation Entrepreneurship Business Idea Pitch Competition.
• Juniors Entrepreneurship Business Idea Pitch Competition.
• General Business Idea Pitch School Competition.
• Entrepreneurship Competition Winner’s showcase, Scholarship and Awards gala.
The convention is free and open to the general public. However, attendees must register in advance.
For more information, email email@example.com.